Tattersalls and Goffs announce revised schedule for Autumn Point to Point Sales
Goffs and Tattersalls have worked together to produce a Point-To-Point (“P2P”) Sales programme that provides a wide and varied schedule of opportunities for all P2P Vendors and Purchasers during this busy Autumn period.
The revised schedule means that Goffs UK will now hold their November P2P Sale at Yorton Farm Stud on Thursday 12th November. This date has been vacated by Tattersalls as part of a collaborative agreement to avoid any potential clashes as both Companies work to provide the most vibrant market place possible at such a challenging time.
Therefore, the revised list of P2P Sale for the remainded of the year is scheduled as follows:
· Tattersalls Cheltenham November Sale (Online Sale to be conducted from Fairyhouse, Ireland) on Friday 6th November
· Goffs UK November P2P Sale at Yorton (Traditional Sale held at Yorton Farm Stud, Powys) on Thursday 12th November
· Tattersalls Cheltenham November Sale (Online Sale to be conducted from Fairyhouse, Ireland) on Thursday 19th November
· Tattersalls Cheltenham December Sale (Traditional Sale held at Park Paddocks, Newmarket) on Thursday 3rd December
· Goffs UK December Sale (Traditional Sale held at the Doncaster Sales Complex) on Friday 4th December
· Tattersalls Cheltenham December Sale (Traditional Sale held at Fairyhouse, Ireland) on Thursday 17th December
The above is permitted within the current government guidelines but is subject to further change if restrictions are altered at any time.
Following these latest changes, Goffs UK Managing Director Tim Kent commented:
‘We would like to thank Tattersalls for their proactive approach to solving the problem of how best to serve and assist the Point to Point market during this busy Autumn period. The restrictions created by COVID have made it very difficult to schedule these sales and both Sales Companies agree that we must work together do the right thing by our mutual clients. We are therefore very grateful to Tattersalls for agreeing to alter their schedule and move away from their proposed 12th November fixture, which has allowed the Yorton P2P Sale to take place on that date. We already have entries for this sale and look forward to completing the catalogue in the coming weeks’
Matthew Prior is Head of the Tattersalls Cheltenham Sales and said:
‘Both Goffs and ourselves were very aware that we need to provide a schedule that works for all vendors and purchasers whilst not precluding anyone from taking part in any sale. We therefore see the merit in vacating the 12th November date and believe that the revised schedule of six sales between now and Christmas should fully service the Point to Point market during this busy time. The revised schedule includes a mixture of online events together with the more traditional sales and we look forward to what we hope will be some spirited bidding at all of these sales in the coming months.’